Re: A little scrolling bug

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:04:05 -0300
Juan Lanus <jlanus@netscape.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is to report a small issue with scrolling.
> To see it please open in your Windows 2000 PC   :-)
>      http://www.w3.org/Amaya/
> in a window with a height so you can see up to the "Open Source" H2 title.
> Now press the cursor down key until the end of the page.
> Last step is to scroll back with page up 2 ot 3 times: a blank area
> appears now at the top of the page.
> I enclose an image of the effect in a rather small window for the
> Windows-challenged Amaya users who want to see it.
>
> Saludos
> --
> Juan Lanus
> TECNOSOL
> Argentina

Amaya doesn't format the whole document when it's a large document.
So when you scroll down and up, Amaya frees the undisplayed
formatted part and regenerates the new displayed part.
Doing that, it has some problems when it reaches the top of the document.
It could allocate too many space and a blank area appears at the top of the page.
One solution should be to format the whole document, but that will decrease the
editing performances.