Re: Layers

I think you may be talking about different implementations of layers. I
believe Netscape did have a proprietary implementation of layers that has
been rendered obsolete by content positioning.

Amaya is open source software, so if there's functionality you desire
that's not currently available, get involved. I have the impression that,
currently, the development team is rather small, so they no doubt have to
carefully pick what to implement in Amaya. I think they've done an
outstanding job actually: What other tools allow you to create documents
containing SVG, HTML, etc. that is standards compliant?

Alas, in my opinion Macromedia hasn't done anything beyond furthering
their proprietary vision of the web. They're hardly interested in open
standards and compliance thereof.

Sincerely,
W. Jeffrey Rankin