Amaya 6.4 SVG problems

From: Keith Hopper <kh@waikato.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:02:46 +1300
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Greetings,
     The attached tiny SVG file causes Amaya to go 'crazy' under Linux
2.2.19 kernel (the GTK version). I will attempt to describe what I can see
-

1. Load the file - almost instantaneous.

2. Window remains in the background colour defined when configured.

3. After several seconds there are flashes of colour - which appear then
disappear.

4. Any attempt to, for example, view source is only reacted to after
several seconds when part of the menu appears. Wait several more seconds
and the main window disappears leaving the menu window visible - but not
active.

5. After a few seconds the menu disappears and the main window reappears,
generally without any icons/buttons.

6. After a few minutes Amaya closes its main window and dies - could it be
running out of memory (although I do have 192Mbtes only about 20 of which
is in use by other applications).

     This sequence occurs more or less in the same manner for nearly all
the SVG files I have - the appended one is just the smallest! [It is
supposed to be the international symbol for the hard of hearing]

                                Regards,

                                        Keith Hopper

--
City Desk