Re: Amaya now saves invalid documents?

In article <Pine.LNX.4.30.0209231751420.25011-100000@tux.w3.org>,
   Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org> wrote:

> So I tried to reproduce this (Amaya 6.1). It doesn't work with XHTML, only
> with HTML, as far as I can figure.

> What happens is that it is possible to introduce strange things into the
> source of HTML, and Amaya corrects the markup when synchronising.

> Does this match what you were doing? (And do you have a sample file or more
> details?)

> cheers

> Chaals

> On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Janet Daly wrote:

> >So here's the rub (x2)
> >
> >Did that (syncing) and still have the problem. Also, saving other docs
> >after browsing with regular view does not alert me to bad markup.
> >
> >Janet

     I don't know whether the interesting problems I have been having with
documents originated elsewhere - for revision to current standards.

The document I have  been playing with is at

     http://www.microdigital.co.uk/newsdesk/September02/thur19.htm

which claims to be HTML 3.2 - but isn't.  I loaded into Amaya 6.4 (linux
GTK version) and tried some simple editing - but Amaya kept indicating that
anywhere I wished to select was -

Graphics\area\map\td\tr\tbody\table\center\body\html\Document

and would not let me select it.  I thought to try and save it locally which
Amaya did - but didn't raise a protest either then or on an attempt to
reload it - that is all I can do apart from viewing many red marks on the
structure view and several lines in the parsing errors.  Might this be a
related problem??

                Keith Hopper

--
Keith Hopper