Amaya 6.3 Bug Report (Was: Bug: Changing character entities?)

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:46:57 -0400
To: www-amaya@w3.org

All pending/suspected bugs in [1] are still present. Any idea of when they
might be addressed -- particularly the dictionary interface?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-amaya-dev/2002Jul/0004.html

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 04:58 pm, reagle@w3.org wrote:
> I've noted that amaya converts my &deg; character entity into the <B0>
> character. This character is rendered incorrectly by some browsers,
> including Opera 6.03, and I'd rather it keep my character entity anyway.
> Is this possible?

I've further experiemented with this issue in an xhtml document and if I set
the encoding to "us-ascii" Amaya converts the &deg; entity to its numeric
form: &#xb0; . This makes sense as an XML document, but could not Amaya
also preserve it as an XHTML document? Do I have to do something in my
doctype to enable this preservation?