copy & paste peccadillos

From: George Herson <gherson@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 15:23:37 -0400
To: www-amaya@w3.org

hi,

Copy & paste can be finicky:  I lose the linebreaks pasting to preformatted
(<pre></pre>) sections of an Amaya document in normal view if I'm copying from
the same window.  Copying text from another window or from outside Amaya
preserves the linebreaks fine.

But, if I try to paste in an amount of text exceeding about a page printed from
say, Mozilla, nothing happens.  I know the text was copied because I can paste
it into linux's xclipboard.  I have to copy in smaller chunks to paste to Amaya.

not a biggie, i can work around the problem.

Amaya 6.2 from 8 July 2002 on Linux (from rpm) utilized.

thanks,
george