Namespaces and prefixes: RFE

From: <ajvincent@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:01:41 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.  I use Amaya as my primary editor for XHTML and MathML documents these days (despite my love for Mozilla), and I have a suggestion.

Currently, Amaya places the MathML namespace directly on the math element:

<math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/Math/MathML">...</math>

Forgive me if I get the namespace wrong.  I was wondering if Amaya could support a dialog box which controls whether namespacing is local or global, so the resulting document could declare the MathML namespace in the root element if desired:

[ ] HTML namespace    Prefix: [        ]
[*] MathML namespace  Prefix: [m:      ]

etc., etc.

For me it's easier to read the source code if the MathML elements are namespaced using xmlns:math="...".  If Amaya could support something like this, I'd be very much appreciative.

Very Respectfully Yours,

Alexander J. Vincent
Vallejo, CA

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!