Re: Saving an XHTML document adds wrong <meta>

> From: "Irene Vatton" <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
> > As you see we prepared all the stuff to publish XHTML documents with the
> right
> > MIME type, but as I explained before that doesn't work with current
> servers
> > as long as they don't accept to register this new MIME type.
>
> It is nothing to do with servers, it is to do with documents. Amaya creates
> XHTML 1.1 documents with a <meta> for text/html. This is broken. It is
> incorrect.

Please make the test with our server:
- Create a XHTML document with the right MIME type application/xhtml+xml
- Reload it -> it's served with the MIME type text/html
- Make some additional edits
- Then try to save it -> It fails
      The second time Amaya uses the MIME type given by the server (text/html)
      and the server refuses.

> What's the problem with leaving off the <meta> for XHTML 1.1? The character
> encoding is given in the XML declaration and the mime type can be got from
> the server or file extension.

No problem for Amaya, I hope it's the same for other browsers.
Do you suggest to remove existing <meta> elements when documents are saved?

I propose to not generate