RE: Amaya Tutorial

My 2 cents:
For the features: who is the target of your tutorial?
- Is it a writer who moves from any other wordprocessor to Amaya?
    cover the amaya interface and the results
- Is it a writer who moves from any other wordprocessor to HTML?
    cover the html basics and how to use them
- Is it a writer who moves from any other wordprocessor to XML?
    cover html and xml basics and compare them to show differences.

- Is it an experienced html/xml writer who moves to Amaya?
    cover the amaya features and show what happens in the code.

In general, I prefer to point users to strictly separate the document from
it's style: In the document use only the available html codes, put al the
style in a stylesheet. Specially for professionals: one corporate stylesheet
for the basic layout and optionally cascaded stylesheets for
tech-documentation and other dedicated usage.

For the format: use the Amaya make-book featrue as with the amaya manual.

My troubles with amaya is where to find the features. It does not conform to
any other tool I use so I frequently browse the menus in search for
features. BTW: Do NOT make your tutorial a walk trough the featrues! Better
make some short tutorials to create several dedicate pages. Start with a
"hello World" page and show what it does. Then define several types of
documents. End with a tutorial on how you created your tutorial, including
the cascaded style sheets and other fancy stuff.

I think you document sould be available in multy page html as the amaya
manual is.
Using amaya, every user can create a single page html (Special->MakeBook).
With any browser, every user can create their required format, hence do not
bother to create postscript, pdf or any other propriatry format.

CBee