Re: input list bug

Why should Amaya encode the &emdash; in a UTF-8 document, when emdash is a Unicode character (and all Unicode characters should be available in UTF-8 by definition)?

Personally, I would put the content-type meta tag first, before even the title; but I don't remember how Amaya does this.

----- Original Message -----
  From: Brant Langer Gurganus
  To: www-amaya@w3.org
  Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 8:16 PM
  Subject: input list bug

The input list popups that list choices do not display the emdash <BR>
properly.&nbsp; Also, since the attached page is UTF-8, Amaya should encode <BR>
the emdash as &amp;emdash; not the actual character.<BR>
<P><HR></P><?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-US"
  dir="ltr">
<head>
<title>Standards Redirector</title>
  name="keywords"
  content="standards, HTML, HTTP, CSS, WCAG, DOM, XHTML, XML, MIME, media type, languages"
  />
<link href="mailto:brantgurganus2001@yahoo.com"
  title="Contact the Webmaster" rev="made" />
  content="Brant Langer Gurganus" />
  content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
  content="Find all the Internet standards categorized on one page."
  />
  content="amaya 6.1, see http://www.w3.org/Amaya/"
/>
</head>