Re: Amaya 5.2, "make install" fails

Hello Rabbe,

Thanks for your report.

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 10:05:46AM -0500, Rabbe Fogelholm wrote:
> I have tried to build and install Amaya 5.2 on Red Hat 7.2 but
> encountered a problem.
>
> After a compilation (`make all') that completed nicely I proceeded to do
> `make install'. This step fails, the final lines of console output being
>
>     /bin/cp -r ../../doc/Icons /usr/local/Amaya/doc
>     /bin/cp: cannot stat `../../doc/Icons': No such file or directory
>     make[2]: *** [install] Error 1

We reorganized the documentation in 5.2 and forgot to reflect the change
in the Makefile. We fixed this change on CVS already.

Open the Makefile that is under Amaya/your-obj-dir/amaya/, search
for the line saying doc/Icons. Change it to doc/images. Also change
the following line saying doc/amaya to doc/html. Save the file.

Your make install will then work.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

-jose