Re: [Announcement] Amaya stable Debian package

(Forwarding to www-amaya as it may interest other people)

Hello Patrice,

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 03:37:51PM +0100, Patrice Pillot wrote:

> Thank you for the port to stable, Jose. Unfortunately, it seems
> amaya's been linked against libXm.so.2 which (apparently) doesn't
> appear before the woody libmotif package. Would it be possible to have
> amaya linked against libXm.so.1 (or statically compiled ?)

Thanks for your message and encouragement. Unfortunately, I don't know yet
well enough how to use the Debian packaging tools to do the static linking.

What I can tell you is that I downloaded the openmotif Debian package [1]
and installed it. It's a free package. Maybe there's a more recent Lesstif
stable package too.

If you know how to do this change in the Debian rules, tell me so and I will
generate a static linked Amaya Motif :) I know how to do that in our
tar-gzipped distribution.

Maybe someone else can help us.

-jose

[1] http://www.openmotif.org/