Re: User feedback on Amaya

Well, there is a problem here. Amaya used as an editor makes the single click
annoying. Since the average WYSIWYG editor (Amaya, GoLive, Composer,
Dreamweaver, probably others) has the components to be a proper browser, with
extended editing functionality, I would prefer not to dumb them down to the
level of the more limited offerings that are browser-only.

On the other hand the use of double click in a real browser is "a little"
uncommon, so it should probably be made very clear right at the beginning -
something like "How is Amaya special" on the standard splash page, as well as
in the help files.  Much as I think it is reasonable to pick on Rick in
particular (just joking Rick ;-) the more helpful we are to new users in
explaining how amaya works, the better their first experience will be.

(The other key point is for editing: "Escape / F2 is your friend" is one of
the best things I ever learned about Amaya, although I wish the key was the
same across platforms).

cheers

Charles