Re: Amaya and winnt\profiles (fwd)

Hello Christoph,

We implemented the \winnt\profiles\USERNAME target directory as this
is what our other Windows NT users had advised us to do. Perhaps there is
another way to do so that is more portable? We're open to suggestions.

If I understood correctly, what you want to do is install the Amaya application
in a server and have the users run it from other boxes. What you could do
is to open the Amaya\config\win-thot.rc file and add the following line
under the [thot_lib] section:

APP_HOME=\path\to\the\dir\where\you\want\to\store\the\profile

For example, you could use the name of a drive found on every computer. A
drawback of this approach is that depending on what you select, users profiles
may get mixed up if they are all stored in the same file.

Tell us if it works OK or if you have other suggestions.

Cheers,

-jose