Re: wrong color in images

Irene Vatton schrieb:

> > Hallo,
> >
> > I use amaya-5.1 (11 July 2001) on Win98. I've got the graphic card
> > ASUS V3000 with driver V3.41 Beta 2. When I use high-color (16Bit),
> > Amaya shows wrong colors in the images, when I use true-color
> > (24Bit) or 256 colors, the images are correctly displayed. This
> > error doesn't depend on gif, jpg or png.
> >
> > Can I solve the problem by settings somewhere in amaya or is it a
> > bug, so that I must wait till a bug fix is available?
>
> The color encoding differs with each platform (Windows or Unix) and each
> screen depth. I tested a lot of these configurations including the
> 16 Bit screen + Windows platform (Win 95/98/NT) and it works correctly
> with tested images (those included in the AmayaPage.html, Annotations.html,
> etc.)
> Do you have troubles with these images?

Hallo,

I experimented on some pictures, perhaps the results can help fixing
the bug. I constructed a picture with pure red, pure green, pure
blue, mixed red-green = yellow, mixed red-blue = magenta, mixed
blue-green = cyan, white, black.
Amaya shows this picture correctly in gif, jpg and png. Then I
transformed the picture to a gray-scaled. The colornumbers (as they
are read in PaintShopPro) are now each identical for the three
color-parts; they are 76, 150, 28, 226, 104, 178, 255, 0 in the
above order. This gray-scaled picture Amaya doesn't show correctly.
In gif and jpg I get dark and light violet for 150, 226, 178 and
olive for 76 and 104. For 28 I get near black. If you need
colornumbers, I can read them from the screenshot. In png the
picture is shown completely wrong or amaya crashes with closing.

with kind regards
Regina Henschel