RE: another persons wish list!

html 4.01 forms the foundation for much of xhtml and the docs
i have seen for xhtml1.1 and xhtml-basic all point back to html4.01
for specifics... is there an xhtml doc that is complete within itself
please point me to it if so else i look on getting the specific functionality
correct.  most of what i see so far is tightening of rules and dropping
 redundant or obsolete ways of doing things...   but i sure would like to
see the basic functionality there .... and once again if you can point me
at xhtml recommendation that stand alone (without referring back to html 4)
please point me that way and i will use in my bug tracking...
as a reference point for some of the things i am tracking look at
http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel/am_forms.htm and
http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel/am_table.htm

John Russell, VE3LL@RAC.CA