Print crashes Amaya 5.1 on Win98

From: Will W <willw@wizzards.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:28:15 -0700
To: <www-amaya@w3.org>
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the list and new to Amaya. It looks like it is
going to become my primary writing tool. I like the interface.

Problem:

When I attempt to print from Amaya 5.1 on a Win98 system, I get the
following messages:

Error- Source: PrintDoc (4)

then either I get the Windows "program has performed an illegal
operation and will be shut down" dialog or sometimes the blue screen of
death "Fatal exception has 0A has occurred at 0147:00008831..." or Amaya
crashes without any notification.

Sometimes the material is sent to the printer and prints okay. At other
times only part of the material prints. Sometimes I get multiple copies
and the printer spool talks of printing "page 57 of 2 pages," etc.

I have scanned the archives back to January for every report of printer
problems or crashes I could find without seeing anything like this. Is
there a fix that I've missed? Is this a known problem? If it is
something new, is there anything I can do to help identify it better?

Will Woodhull