Rendering of Indents (<DIR>)

From: Geoff Benn <geoff.benn@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 09:28:19 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Amaya" <www-amaya@w3.org>
Cc: <G.Benn@ftel.co.uk>
Hi,

Great work :-) I understand this is the email address for Amaya issues? I have a couple of issues with indenting:

1. Amaya does not seem to render indents (HTML <DIR>) correctly, ie. it doesn't actually indent.

eg.

<dir>
1
<dir>
2
</dir>
3
</dir>

In IE5 looks like:

1
2
3
In Amaya looks like:

1

2
3

2. To improve the look/feel I suggest Indent increase & decrease buttons as per Netscape Composer & MS Outlook Express, and MS Word. At work I am used to Netscape Composer, and generally I'm used to MS Outlook Express. I guess there may be many people who have got used to the same feel.

I have Amaya V4.3.2 23 March 2001 on Windows 98.

Regards,
Geoff (geoff.benn@bigfoot.com)