Re: CSS and various other html things

At 08:46 03/29/2001 +0200, you wrote:
> > I've noticed that the main focus of people testing/using Amaya seems to
> > have shifted to XML and MATHML. I haven't seen any comments for a while
> > about the rendering of html and style sheets.
> >
> > The following comments are from using v.4.3.2 dated 23 March 2001.
> >

> > I've noticed that Amaya now renders complex tables properly, now actually
> > better than IE or Netscape. Just one problem with the tables, I can't
> > figure out how to remove the borders. In the source I have border="0" but
> > it seems to have no efffect, I'm getting a thin dark border between cells.
> > Also buttons for submitting forms don't grow to fit the text.
>
>I tested the functionality. It seems to work correctly. Could you check
>that the attribute was correctly parsed (no reported parsing error).
>If the error persist, could you send us the document that generates that
>error.

I think I've figured out what the supposed border is, I've gone through
Amaya's
structured view and located and fixed several errors and still get the
problem.
After looking closely at the out put the "border" is the same colour as the
background of the page. It looks like despite using cellspacing="0" in the
table definition, Amaya is accidentally putting a small 1 pixel space
between cells.

Thanks for the help, I'll be looking at the source code and seeing what I
can come
up with down the road. Never know, I might actually contribute something.