Re: Character Styles Don't Work

From: SoloCDM <deedsmis@aculink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:23:15 -0700
To: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
CC: "Amaya (Request)" <www-amaya@w3.org>
Dave J Woolley stated the following:

> > From: SoloCDM [SMTP:deedsmis@aculink.net]
> >
> > Somehow the Character Styles (strong, bold, ...) don't display in the
> > browser as they were intended in the attached file.  What needs to be
> > done?
> >
> [DJW:]  The only use of <strong> I could find quickly was
> an attempt to simulate <h1>.  What's wrong with using <h1>?

Nothing, although I achieve the same thing with the files default.
Also, experience has taught me that I have more control when I avoid
the preformatted styles.

> Also, I believe that browsers are within their rights to

Does your browser collapse the output at the intended syntax?

Note: When you reply to this message, please include the mailing
      list/newsgroup address in Cc: and my email address in To:.

Signed,
SoloCDM