RE: Accessibility of web pages

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:

  On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

  > authors to fix things that need fixing. (As well as having a way of recording
  > information if a Human tested something difficult to test by machine, that
  > persists when a new tool is used to work on the content.)

  ...This last bit I'm not sure about.  If new work is done on the content,
  then you have to re-test accessibility again in case it has been broken.
  Or is this for regression testing, so that the site changes can be
  compared to previous tests?

The idea is that a tool knows what has been done to a page, so it knows what
bits are worth re-testing and what aren't. (part of such a system would be
having a way of checking to see what had been hand-edited in the meantime,
and does need retesting when a smarter tool picks it up).

Charles