text wandering outside of box

From: John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:17:55 -0400
To: www-amaya@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml1-20000126/
is a page describing xhtml.  it has several green boxes of
info  but the text extends past the right border of the box.
This may be due to my amaya.css request for arial 14 pt
font   but  shouldn't the box border resize or the text wrap inside the border
it seems quirky to have text wander outside the box

think outside the box is good!!
write outside the box is bad !!
in kindergarten i was taught coloring outside the lines was
   unsocial behavior --- very british upbringing eh!

it may be from absolute sizes on box and nowrap wanted on text
and ass/u/me d set size of font ---> it may be an author slip where
font should have been defined in document stylesheet  ...
is this a browser implementation issue or a 'designer must watch for' issue??
John Russell, VE3LL@RAC.CA
http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel
Please send complaints to my legal reps
Dewey, Cheatum & Howe  ATTN: Sue Alotte