Amaya editor -- general question

From: John Russell <ve3ll@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 11:18:38 -0400
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Is there any other editor that works like Amaya
in assuring HTML conformant structure.
That is by analysing and internally creating a
correct treed structure that will ALWAYS generate
correct code.
I am used to using either pure ascii or ascii with
tagging macros  editors as i come from the
programming world where these are merely extensions
 of ones fingers...   and a few passes thru the
validator or tidy gives conformant output.
I find this style to be quick and easy as these editors
use standardized mechanisms for blocking text and
cut/paste. They also employ hooks to whichever browser
you want to review code in so that you can see if what
you think you will get is what you really get.

I am just wondering if there are editors that can be
compared to Amaya for its internal treeing mechanism.
John Russell, VE3LL@RAC.CA
http://www.cgocable.net/~jrussel
Please send complaints to my legal reps
Dewey, Cheatum & Howe  ATTN: Sue Alotte