RE: Entities

From: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:37:45 +0100
To: "'www-amaya@w3.org'" <www-amaya@w3.org>
> From:	Christian Mondrup [SMTP:scancm@biobase.dk]
> Somewat related to the question: is it possible with some kind of
> backspace entity to force accents on letters which are else not
In theory, you can use UTF-8 (-16 etc) or numeric
character entities to introduce the Unicode characters
for non-spacing accents (or the actual accented characters).

I'd be surprised to find a browser that supports this,
although it might be worth trying IE 5.5 or IE 6 using the
full Unicode font from Office 2000.

In almost all cases, using the Unicode accented characters is
going to be a better approach than using non-spacing accents.