Re: alt - <key> function

It would be helpful if this were a shortcut that could easily be switched
(like browser/editor mode) so that people who want accesskeys can use them.
They are reasonably likely to be the same people who are relying on keyboard
shortcuts instead of using a mouse, in many cases.

Chaals

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Irene Vatton wrote:

  > Alt keys are used for the accesskey function in html documents.
  > Some are also used for shortcut functions in the editor....
  >
  > To resolve conflicts may I suggest that editor mode be used...
  > Editor mode on --- invoke any shortcut assigned to an alt key.
  > Editor mode off -- (assume browsing) -- do accesskey if used.

  There is an entry in Special/Preferences/General that allows you to
  ignore accesskeys.