Re: About building a dictionary

From: Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:13:08 +0200
To: LiomarJulio@aol.com
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org, Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr
> I am interested in building a dictionary , or porting a public one, for
> Portuguese, to use in Amaya.
>
> Please send me more information about how I can contribute.
>
> Thanks

The file http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Distribution/extenddic.tgz provides the
c code of a tool (traiter.c) that is able to translate a source
dictionary XX.DIC into a formatted dictionary XX.dic
You can find included also an example of a source dictionary.
The format of a source dictionary is extremely simple:
a) The first line gives the number of following lines and the number of
following
characters.
b) Then there is one line by word and words are alphabetical ordered.

Regards