Re: no encoding specified when creating XHTML documents

Catherine,

If your documents are written in French, I suggest you set a
lang attribute on the <html> or <body> element. Use the Attribute
button to do that. Then, when you save a document, the encoding
is added to the XML declaration and a <meta http-equiv...> element
is generated with the right charset.

Vincent.