RE: Image Alignment ignored

> From:	Steven Antonio [SMTP:santonio@delanet.com]
>
> Amaya 3.2 is ignoring the alignment attribute for the image tag.  I've
> seen
> reports for this bug in the archives dating back as far as June 30, 1997
> and
	[DJW:]
	It's not a bug, as it is not an attribute in HTML 4.0[1]
	strict, which is what Amaya claims to implement.

	There are precedents for Amaya tolerating transitional
	features and even broken HTML, but its a policy decsion
	for the developers as to the extent that they stray
	outside their brief.

	Amaya should definitely not be capable of inserting
	an align attribute.

	If it fails to honour equivalent alignment information
	specified using styles, you have grounds for complaining.