Re: HTTP/0.9 downgrade???

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:59:17 -0600
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
CC: www-amaya@w3.org
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> This happens because while trying a HTTP/1.x request it got back a 0.9 r
> esponse without headers.

Right... that's a simple error, no? libwww should just raise it and
forget, no? Why store the fact that a server goofed?

> Trying to deal with it would therefore be "hack
> ing it up".

I don't understand. It seems perfectly reasonable for Amaya to
report an error and let the user try again. Why put a black
mark on the server?

> I don't know why a server would send that unless it is broke
> n.

That particular response was broken; that doesn't mean the whole
server is broken.

> You can of course set the protocol version in the HTHost object if you w
> ant to change it, see
>
>     http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTHost.html
>
> What happened to doing your homework ;)

I'm a user now, not a developer ;-)

Thanks for the pointer, but I'm not sure where in the Amaya code
I would set the protocol version.