Re: loop... in list editing? [was: auto-save ...]

From: Vincent Quint <quint@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:46:50 +0100
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
cc: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr, www-amaya@w3.org
Dan,

The simplest way to achieve the result you expect is to
put the caret at the beginning of "minutes" and press
the BackSpace key. One single keystroke and you are done!

Obviously Amaya should also allow you to do it the way you
tried, without looping indefinitely. It should not either
delete more than what you selected.  I am sure Irene will
look into this quickly.

Vincent.

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:
> [...]
> > The best would be to prevent infinite loops. Could you explain
> > what you're doing when Amaya went in an infinite loop.
>
> I was trying to change:
>         <li>9th: <a
>
> href="http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2000/02/xml-schema-ftf.html">3-4
>           Feb 2000 in Berkeley, </a>
>           <ul>
>             <li><a
>
> href="2000/02/xml-schema-ftf-2000-02-minutes">minutes</a></li>
>           </ul>
> to:
>         <li>9th: <a
>
> href="http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2000/02/xml-schema-ftf.html">3-4
>           Feb 2000 in Berkeley, </a>
>           <a
>             href="2000/02/xml-schema-ftf-2000-02-minutes">minutes</a>
>
> by selecting the <a>minutes</a>, cutting it, and pasting it
> after "Berkeley, ".

> go away. That seems odd... Amaya doesn't prevent me from creating
> a <ul> with a <li> with nothing inside, so I don't know why it
> gets rid of ul and li just because I cut the contents of the li.
>
> Then when I paste after "Berkeley, ", they come back! So the ul
> and li seemed to go in the cut buffer! Strange!
>
> So I went into the show-source view, selected <a>minutes</a>, and then
> hit down arrow in the structures window. The normal view went nutso,
> scrolling and redisplaying, and finally locking into (what appears to
> be)
> an infinite loop.
>

> --

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France