Re: auto-save periodically, not just at crash time

Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

[...]
> > How about having it do that local auto-save every 10 seconds
> > or so, crash or no crash? That way, even if it goes into
> > an infinite loop and I have to kill it without giving
> > it a chance to save, I won't lose my work.
>
> Writing the document each 10 seconds is not a guaranty against
> infinite loops because a large part of the code is also used
> during the saving.

No, but it does provide a guarantee that Amaya will lose at most 10
seconds
of my work. If Amaya is going to go into an infinite loop when
I try to save, I want to know that before I've entrusted it
with, say, a half-hour of work.

[more on the specific bug, which just happened again, separately.]

office phone (thru approx. Mar 2000) tel:+1-512-310-2971
pager (put return tel# in From or Subject field)
mailto:connolly.pager@w3.org