Re: CVS daily snapshots?

From: Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veillard@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:10:42 +0100
To: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr
Cc: Daniel.Veillard@w3.org, "Marc Rubin, Jay's Island Software Development & Consulting" <amayalist@mail.com>, www-amaya@w3.org
On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 09:23:08AM +0100, Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:
> >   Lot of extraneous ? yes: all libwww and all Amaya CVS tree content are there.
>
> The script that generates the standard source tarfile is available on the CVS
> base
> Amaya/batch/tarSourcesAmaya.
> Daniel, I suggest you use it. It will make the tar smaller.

  I'm concerned by the security aspect of running a script which can be
commited by anybody having write access to the CVS base . I will probably
isolate and check a version, then use this one, but not live from the CVS
base.

> I checked also the public CVS base and saw that it includes some obsolete
> files which
> were removed form the original CVS base.
>
> This could explain part of the 10 Mb difference and is very annoying for
> people who
> check out the Amaya code from the public CVS base.
> I guess there is a problem in the process which updates the public CVS base.

Ok I have added the --delete flag to rsync . As a result a lot of files
were removed. The size of the checkout tree is 33 Megs and the resulting
tar.gz is 11 Megs

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW