Re: CVS daily snapshots?

From: Marc Rubin, Jay's Island Software Development & Consulting <amayalist@mail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:24:57 -0500 (EST)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Cc: Daniel.Veillard@w3.org
Thanks, Daniel -

Today's snapshot is around 14Mb, versus 4Mb for the source tarball in the
same directory (amaya-src-2.4.tgz). Does this sound correct, or might there
be a -lot- of extraneous files included?

You wrote:
>It's also a rather large tar, some of the stuff can certainly be avoided,
>if so send me the file names I will exclude them from the archive build:
>
>   ftp://ftp.w3.org/pub/amaya/amaya-snapshot.tar.gz

Also, I noticed that the 2.5pre files are being distributed via http at a
different location:

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Distribution/

Is there a reason for the different but overlapping content of these ftp and
http sites, or would it be practical to synchronize them?
Marc

E-mail:  mrubin@iname.com
Website: http://www.jaysisland.com/

Past Webmaster (sites conceived and created):
American Hydrogen Assoc: http://www.clean-air.org/
Gentle Strength Co-op:   http://www.gentlestrength.com/

Webmaster:
Valley HELP Group:      http://valleyhelp.hypermart.net/