Re: auto-save periodically, not just at crash time

What about writing the internal format of the document every so often? WOuld
that significantly reduce the amout of code called, or just require a whole
lot more to be written?

Also I think every 10 seconds is probably a bit excessive. But ifit had an
autosave periodically that would be helpful. I assume that the power turning
off, which my laptop sometimes does to me, is not going to be caught by the
normal crash-recovery.

cheers

Charles McCN

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

  > I notice that Amaya saves a local copy of my work sometimes
  > when it crashes. But sometimes, the nature of the crash
  > doesn't seem to give Amaya the chance; for example, sometimes
  > it hangs (i.e. goes into an infinite loop) rather than
  > crashing.
  >
  > How about having it do that local auto-save every 10 seconds
  > or so, crash or no crash? That way, even if it goes into
  > an infinite loop and I have to kill it without giving
  > it a chance to save, I won't lose my work.

  Writing the document each 10 seconds is not a guaranty against
  infinite loops because a large part of the code is also used
  during the saving.

  The best would be to prevent infinite loops. Could you explain
  what you're doing when Amaya went in an infinite loop.