Re: CVS daily snapshots?

From: Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng <hgs@dmu.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:04:19 +0000 (GMT)
To: Eddie Maddox <eddie@mngovsci.com>
cc: WWW-Amaya List <www-amaya@w3.org>
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Eddie Maddox wrote:

> Besides the usual releases and pre-releases, could you have automated
> daily CVS snapshots? Then, when a mention is made on this list of a bug
> being fixed in, or feature added to, the CVS we can try it soon without
> having to deal with CVS, or wait a few months.

I would appreciate it if this were possible.  I would like to try out
the CVS version which has the fix for the bug I reported, but I feel
that I cannot allocate the time to learning CVS, which is a flexible,
and therefore compliecated, system.  Ftp or http access would suit me.
I know that to make the CVS versions as easy to install as the releases
would be extra work, but I think this would give you more people able
to offer you relevant bug reports and, possibly, fixes.

I applaud this constructive suggestion.

	[...]
> Thank you.
> Eddie Maddox