[www-amaya] <none>

From ???@??? Thu Mar 09 19:59:51 2000
From: Yan FITTERER <y.fitterer@RAM.AC.UK>
To: Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr
Subject: Re: Amaya 2.5 on NT - Bugs
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:02:42 -0000

> > My first attempt at "Make Book" gave the following:
> > --- Warning box - Title: Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library -----
> > Debug assertion Failed!!
> > Program: \amayapath\amaya.exe
> > file: dbgheap.c
> > Line: 1017
> >
> > Expression: _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)
> > ------
> >
> > Upon further testing, it seems to happen when make book has to recurse into
> > more than one document level, ie: Doc1 includes Doc2 which includes Doc3. I
> > tried making book from Doc2, and it works fine. Doc1 and Doc2 are in directory
> > m:\itatram, while doc3 is in m:\itatram\sands\.
> >
> > There is a set of pages at http://jascha.ram.ac.uk/itatram/test1.html that
> > demonstrate the problem.
>
> Problem fixed.
Great!

> > Second problem, the cache seems to be wrong after install: I installed in
> > h:\program files\Amaya2.5\ and the cache was pointing to c:\program
> > files\amaya\libwww-cache
> > Amaya complained, I changed the setting, and and went OK afterwards.
>
> By default Amaya stores the cache at c:\temp\amaya\libwww-cache. This
> address doesn't depend on the location where the application is installed.
> It uses a different location when that location is defined in the User
> configuration file thot.rc (see in Help->Configuring Amaya about the
> User configuration file).
OK, but surely that default location doesn't make sense, as you cannot expect
any machine to have such a directory - and Amaya complains when it cannot find
its cache! Therefore, either you should create that directory at install, (not
a very good thing to do), or in a more standard fashion under NT, get the
default system directory (I'm sure there is a API call for that! - I can find
if for you if you want...), or ask the user where the default cache should be.

Thanks
Yan