Re: Absolute "file:" URLs under Windows95

One. as in http:/root/of/my/tree/etc ( == /root/of/my/tree/etc ==
//this.host/root/of/my/tree/etc )

two would look like http://SERVER/filepath (which would make life confusing)

Charles

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Maurizio Codogno wrote:

  > From: "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <frystyk@microsoft.com>

  > RFC 1738 has been updated by RFC 2396 but unfortunately neither have a
  > very practical definition of file: URIs (and file: is kind of strange in
  > the first place). Personally I like file:/D:/foo instead of file:///D:/foo
  > as is in fact unambiguous (and legal)

  One or two slashes between file: and D: ? (I think two)

  Well, it would be time to amend  RFC 2396 with a standard definition
  (or maybe to put some 1st April RFC with other schemata!)

  ciao ,.mau.