Re: Amaya 2.5 on NT - Bugs

> My first attempt at "Make Book" gave the following:
> --- Warning box - Title: Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library -----
> Debug assertion Failed!!
> Program: \amayapath\amaya.exe
> file: dbgheap.c
> Line: 1017
>
> Expression: _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)
> ------
>
> Upon further testing, it seems to happen when make book has to recurse into
> more than one document level, ie: Doc1 includes Doc2 which includes Doc3. I
> tried making book from Doc2, and it works fine. Doc1 and Doc2 are in directory
> m:\itatram, while doc3 is in m:\itatram\sands\.
>
> There is a set of pages at http://jascha.ram.ac.uk/itatram/test1.html that
> demonstrate the problem.

Problem fixed.

> Second problem, the cache seems to be wrong after install: I installed in
> h:\program files\Amaya2.5\ and the cache was pointing to c:\program
> files\amaya\libwww-cache
> Amaya complained, I changed the setting, and and went OK afterwards.

By default Amaya stores the cache at c:\temp\amaya\libwww-cache. This
address doesn't depend on the location where the application is installed.
It uses a different location when that location is defined in the User
configuration file thot.rc (see in Help->Configuring Amaya about the
User configuration file).

> Hope you can fix it. Let me know if you want me to test any further.

Of course yes.

> Bye
> y.
> Yan Fitterer,                                    |
> IT Manager,                                      |
> Royal Academy of Music                           |
> E-mail : y.fitterer@ram.ac.uk                    |
> Phone (work) (+44) 171 873 7365                  |
> Fax   (work) (+44) 171 873 7364                  |
> Phone (home) (+44) 181 830 3035                  |

Thanks