Pasting URL's into Amaya's Address field

From: Karl-Michael Schneider <schneide@phil.uni-passau.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:44:31 +0100 (MET)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
When I paste an entire line of URL (with newline) from my Sun Mailtool into
Amaya's Address field under X11 and then press Return in the Address field,
Amaya responds with the message

Error: Server or network forced libwww to downgrade to HTTP/0.9 for this host.
Please quite Amaya.

Apart from the spelling error (quite), URL's should not contain newlines, but
Amaya does not prevent one from pasting a newline into the Address field.
When I delete the newline after pasting, everything goes well.

Karl-Michael

Amaya 2.4 Linux binary distribution