[www-amaya] <none>

From ???@??? Thu Feb 10 17:26:16 2000
From: Yan FITTERER <y.fitterer@RAM.AC.UK>
To: "Malcolm Dean" <malcolmdean@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Amaya ready for documentation project?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:26:55 -0000

I'm currently using Amaya to write on our Intranet (mostly documentation,
policies and procedures). We're on NT4. The application is stable enough to be
useable (even by users). Crashes now and again, but doesn't seem to crash NT
any more, nor does it have too many memory leaks and it tends to recover its
documents OK after a crash. I have found a couple of problems with printing
(especially with TOC and X indexing), but I couldn't replicate them
consistently, so I couldn't report them. There are a couple of bugs (fixed  in
the CVS tree), that prevent the MakeBook to work for me. See
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Changelog.html for list of fixed bugs.

I'm hoping that either the really annoying things will get fixed before the
project needs them badly, or I will have to use something else for printing and
building the overall document. I would recommend _very_ frequent and reliable
backups during the writing period though!

Hope this helps.
Thanks to the Amaya team for a great tool.
To all: Keep reporting bugs!

Yan