Re: Problems with Amaya 2.4

1. In the current version, Amaya uses only the Symbol font in addition to
   ISO-Latin1 fonts.  For this reason, a number of mathematical symbols
   can't be displayed properly.  They appear in the form of a question
   mark.  But, don't worry, if you save the document, the original entity
   is preserved.
   We are well aware of this limitation and will do our best to improve
   the situation in future releases.

2. I am not sure I understand your second point. If you are talking
   about the AltaVista search form, the issue is that this HTML
   page in completely screwed up.  If you submit it to an HTML validator,
   you will see a number of errors.  Amaya has some problems with
   such pages, and in this particular case, it misses the FORM tag
   (look at the Structure view: this tag is displayed in red, which means
   that it has not been interpreted), and the form can't work.  I have
   reported the error to people in charge of the server.

Vincent.

Andrzej Pindor wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have just installed Amaya 2.4 and the following problems came up:
> 1. The following MathML code is not interpretted correctly:

> </head>
>

> <H1>WebEQ MathML Sample Page</H1>

> <math>
>   <mrow>
>     <mi>f</mi>
>     <mo>:</mo>
>     <msubsup>
>       <mi>R</mi>
>       <mrow></mrow>
>       <mn>2</mn>
>     </msubsup>
>     <mo>&to;</mo>
>     <msubsup>
>       <mi>R</mi>
>       <mrow></mrow>
>       <mn>2</mn>
>     </msubsup>
>   </mrow>
> </math>
>
>  be an orientation preserving homeomorphism which possesses a periodic
> point p which is not a fixed point.  Then f has a fixed point of
> positive index.</i>

> I get the question sign (?) in place where there should be an arrow (->, coded
> in MathML with "&to").
> There are other symbols which also not displayed, or rather replaced by "?",
> like &ldots (three dots), &emptyset, &leq (less or equal), &neq (not equal),
> &geq (greater or equal).
>
> 2. When I link to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-amaya/ none of the
> links, neither the search button work.
>
> can you comment please?
>
> Regards
> Andrzej
> ==========
> Dr. Andrzej Pindor                The foolish reject what they see and
> University of Toronto             not what they think; the wise reject
> Information Commons               what they think and not what they see.
> andrzej.pindor@utoronto.ca                       Huang Po
> Phone: (416) 978-5045 Fax: (416) 978-7705

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France