Can't Save in 2.4

From: Henry McFadyen <mcfhe@thebeam.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 21:34:50 -0600
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Al l was well with 2.2 on  stand-alone PC with RedHat 5.0. Installed 2.4
OK  and  tryed to edit , in edit mode of formatted view,  a file  named
"home/my name/docname.htm " which I  had previously created and edited a
lot in 2.2.  When try  to save, I get message box "Cannot create file
"home/my name/docname.htm ." When I try  to use  "save as" I get a
warning that the file already exists with offer to overwrite,  but
overwright  doesn't work.  Save on exit fails also.  I think I'm missing
something real  obvious,  so please be kind.