Re: Title and Source download problems

> Morning All,
>
> I am working with Amaya V2.4 17 Dec 1999 (the binary install (I can't get
> the CVS version to build), and just ran across a slight problem - When I
> enter a string into the Title text box of the editor, it does not find its
> way into the HTML document.

I guess you omitted to confirm the new title value. You have to hint the Return
key to confirm.

> Also, as a side topic - I cannot run the WinConfigure.pl script on Win95.
> It complains:
> can't open "/Makefile.am": No such file or directory at Config/WinConfigure.pl
> line 23.

I suspect you download the source tar file with IE or Netscape.
If you want to do so, you have to check that that tool uses a up to date
winzip program. The tar file includes long file names and suffixes like
"Makefile.am" and old unzip versions may not support that correctly.

> I saw something about this in one of the archives, but I couldn't find it
> again this morning, and I have yet to learn perl. :(  If anyone has a quick
> solution they could pass my way, I would appreciate it...

A solution could be:
- to download a winzip version see http://www.winzip.com,
- to download the source with Amaya or ftp
- unzip the source with winzip

Could you confirm that that fixes your problem?
In that case, I will add the information in the source page and the FAQ.