scrolling; annotations

From: <bglbv@my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:55:29 -0500 (EST)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
I've had trouble with Amaya going into an infinite loop when I hit one of the
arrow keys in the structure view. I suspect the problem is in the routine
LocateLeafBox (thotlib/editing/textcommands.c) where the routines TtcLineUp,
TtcLineDown, TtcScrollLeft, TtcScrollRight are always called with the second
argument equal to 1, regardless of the value of FrameTable[frame].FrView .

For one thing, that 1 is formally wrong since those routines take an argument
of type View and 1 is a literal of type int. At the very least it should be
replaced with a symbolic designation for the formatted view, if the formatted
view is intended (which I don't even think it is).

For another, I just patched my copy of the source code and tested the result,
and it seems to behave much better. I'm composing this message offline, so I
can't run a "cvs diff -c" on the relevant file until after this message gets
sent. But it amounts to
   View view;
   view = FrameTable[frame].FrView;
and replacing those (doc, 1) with (doc, view).
Also, I hope Josť Kahan and any other interested parties have noticed that
the latest annotlib changes won't compile. I had to reconfigure with
--disable-annot (which is OK for me, since I haven't actually tried the
annotation feature yet).