bug report -- saving after editing in view source window

From: Lorrie Cranor <lorrie@research.att.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:43:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-amaya@w3.org>
I was editing http://www.w3.org/P3P/
(or more precisely
http://jigedit.w3.org/P3PGroup/lorrie/WWW/P3P/Overview.html)
with Amaya 3.1 on a Win98 machine. I viewed the source,
made a small change (changed a <p> to an <li>), and
saved the document. I then tried to exit the editor. It popped
up a "Save" window with "Failed to save to URL" and lots of
garbage in it (capital Ys with little accents on top). I closed that window
and I got a Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library window that said:
"Debug Error! Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\AMAYA\WINDOWS\BIN\AMAYA.EXE
DAMAGE: after Normal block (#167784) at 0x017FB174,
press retry to debug application.

I pressed retry and Amaya crashed. The document appeared
to have saved properly prior to the crash.

I launched Amaya again and repeated all of the above steps,
with mostly the same results -- this time I got the error
message but Amaya did not crash.

Lorrie