Re: DAV?

From: Irene VATTON <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:22:21 +0200
To: "Bill Welch" <bill@carbonecho.com>
cc: www-amaya@w3.org

> I don't see any reference to DAV in your future plans. Is there some =
> reason you're not going to support DAV? Am I missing something?

We don't have a precise for for a DAV support in Amaya. As I understand the
main part of that work should be done on the server side.

> I don't edit web pages per se. I use php to generate them dynamically =
> from templates and data base entries, so browsing a page and then =
> editing it doesn't work for me. I need to remotely edit the HTML =
> templates and the page generating scripts, not the pages they produce. I =
> would like to use DAV to manage the templates and scripts.

For Amaya a template is also a page.

> BTW, I can't seem to get Amaya to browse. I toggle editor mode on and =
> off, hit Edit/Browse on the toolbar - doesn't browse. I'm using w2k and =
> Amaya 3.1.

The button  Edit/Browse is used for enabling/disabling editing functions on the
current document. But you can browse a page even if the editing is allowed.
I guess your problem is related to the simple/double click for browsing.
You can change the standard choice in the menu Special/Preferences/Global