amaya 3.1 cache bug?

From: Jim Wight <J.K.Wight@newcastle.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 07:31:26 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
I have installed amaya 3.1 from amaya-LINUX-ELF-3.1.tgz. When I run
the executable I get a Confirm popup containing the message "Couldn't
start the cache. You may have specified an invalid cache directory or
another Amaya is using the cache." This happens even if I remove
.amaya from my home directory and allow Amaya to recreate it. My home
directory is NFS-mounted, and that seems to be the problem. If I
configure a directory on the local disk then I don't get the
popup. Seems like a bug to me, as no other applications have problems
accessing my home directory.

Jim