Re: bug : file selection dialog

From: Andrew Pam <xanni@glasswings.com.au>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 01:31:37 +1000
To: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org
On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 11:31:13AM +0100, Dave J Woolley wrote:
> 	Note that spaces in URLs is a common error, because of
> 	inappropriate error recovery by big two browsers.

Squid can be set to handle this in various ways, such as returning an
error, but unfortunately due to the frequency of the problem I generally
find that unduly annoys users and set it to just pass the bad URL through.
Some webservers will in fact serve a URL containing spaces, even without
quoting.  What a mess...   :)

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--