Re: Build prob, Solaris 7

Hello Hugh,

Sorry for the slow replies. We're quite busy preparing some demos for next
week at WWW9, in Amsterdam.

Your install-sh proposition should be already in CVS.

In our previous episode, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng said:
> On Thu, 11 May 2000 jose.kahan@w3.org wrote:
>
> > /usr/lib/libz.a, and the same for the include/zlib.h).
>
> 	This libwww is the one distributed with Amaya.  Should not Amaya's
> 	configure check these exist, and if not, patch or replace libwww's
> 	configure?

You're right. We're already using our own configure in order to be able
to compile only a part of libwww. The libz problem is a quite new one. So
far we had only compiled Amaya in boxes which had libz in /usr/local or
in /usr/lib, and the configure scripts take this into account.

I don't have time to try your suggestions right now, but I'll definitely
work on this problem when I come back from WWW9.

If you have time to help us with this problem in the meantime, we'd appreciate
it and add your patches to the base.

> > We don't have right now any mechanism allowing to pass an extra include
> > dir to the libwww configure. What you can do is to go the libwww/Library/src
>
> 	Really?  Is it not just a -I option on the compiler? Set CFLAGS
> 	or something?

No, the CFLAGS in libwww/Library/src are hardcoded. They
don't take into account what's being passed thru the environment (unless
I'm wrong).

> > directory and make a symlink to zlib.h and zconf.h. You can find those
>
> 	link them to what?

Make a symlink between the libpng/zlib/{the above files} and libwww/Library/src.
The latter is the directory where there is the source.

Thanks for your feedback and patience!

-Jose