Re: deadkeys still not working on 3.1

From: Irene VATTON <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 18:24:14 +0200
To: Danton Nunes <danton@inexo.com.br>
cc: www-amaya@w3.org
> Dear Amaya developers,
>
> I just installed 3.1 on my Linux (slackware-7) box with Brazilian
> keyboard. I'm glad to know that compose methods improved a lot but
> the deadkeys, i.e., accents that work without the compose key, still
> don't work on Amaya 3.1. Amaya seems to ignore them completely,
> regardless of the special>preferences>general>enable multi-key
> selection.
>
> compose key works fine, as well as multi-key, *with wrong keys!*.
>
> Os Brazilian/Portuguese keyboard we have different keys for apostrophe
> (') and acute accent. the latter is a deadkey. hitting apostrophe+a
> results '', but dead-acute+a results 'a' without accent. The normal
> behaviour (e.g. in vi editor) is apostrophe+a -> "'a" (two characters)
> and dead-acute+a -> '' (a single accented letter).
>
> By the way, the deadkeys work fine in dialogue boxes.
>
> D.Nunes, from Brazil, still editing with vi, marking and pasting on
> Amaya...

For me it's difficult to check that problem because I don't have that
configuration and I ignore what Amaya receives when you hit the dead-key.

If the dead-key works normally, I suggest you to disable the multi-key in
special>preferences>general then to check what is received:
either by xev or by debugging the Amaya code
The concerned function is TtaHandleMultiKeyEvent

Let me know the result of your investigations.